Thursday, November 8, 2018 from 11 am to 1 pm
Service Learning Mastermind Marathon – Assessment Week 2018
The Assessment Committee has once again partnered with Student Life for our fifth annual critical thinking race, Mastermind Marathon. Each year, during the spring semester, Assessment Week focuses on one core outcome. The purpose of the Mastermind Marathon is to promote the core outcomes in a fun way. The focus this year is Service Learning.
Definition: Demonstrate logical systematic problem-solving techniques as those techniques, technologies, and processes apply in aiding various constituencies in both the campus community and local communities.
- Date: Thursday, November 8
- Time: Lunch, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
A Passport will be used to record participation and completion of each race station.
Mastermind Marathon regulations for campus clubs/organizations and schools/departments:
- Activity must be related to service learning.
- Activity must be able to be completed in 15 minutes.
- Multiple student groups must be able to complete the activity simultaneously.
- Multiple representatives must be present at any given time with one representative to "stamp" passports.
- The campus clubs/organizations or schools/departments must be prepared to adapt the activity if necessary.
See previous Mastermind Marathon Stop examples.
Deadline for project idea and plan: Wednesday, October 17
- Three members are required.
- Unlimited number of teams.
- Two members of any team must participate in each station.
- All stations must be completed.
- ‘Winners’ will receive prizes.
- Prizes will be given for ‘winners’ of race.
- Prizes will be awarded for top club/organization.
- Points will be awarded for club/organization participation.
- Points will be awarded for club/organization team participation.
Deadline for Team Registration: Wednesday, October 17
Contact & Registration
Teams interested in participating should register by Wednesday, October 17, by contacting Dr. Melissa Dreyer.
Thank you to the following groups for donating prizes for the 2017 event.
- School of Arts & Sciences
- School of Information Technologies
- School of Culinary Arts
- School of Visual Communications
- School of Energy
- Orthotics and Prosthetics Technologies
- School of Construction Technologies
- School of Automotive Technologies
- Future Chef’s Association
- School of Nursing and Health Sciences
- Carol Mcleod, Starbuck’s, Store Number 26175, Tulsa – 17th & Yale
- Boom-a-rang Diner (Okmulgee)
- Kirby’s Café (Okmulgee)
- Coleman’s (Okmulgee)