Every year, OSUIT employees make countless contributions and innovations for the betterment of the institution and increased outcomes for our students. These award programs are designed to capture the greatest of those achievements and recognize employees who are going above and beyond.
NISOD Excellence Award Program
This award is designed to recognize the excellent work of OSUIT faculty, staff and administrators as they strive toward continuous growth and improvement of products and services at OSUIT. Faculty, staff and administrators are encouraged to submit projects they have implemented during the last 12 months for consideration in one of three categories:
- Collegiate Project—a project submitted by a team working together toward institutional goals. (A team approach to solving a problem, a research study, a service project, etc.)
- Innovative practices—a project that introduces new ways of doing something. (New approaches to improve processes in a department, new teaching practices, implementation of a new technology, etc.)
- Service to OSUIT and/or the community—a project that provides a service to either internal or external constituents. (A community service project, service learning project, service to fellow employees, etc.)
Submissions are accepted each fall semester, beginning in September.
Review this overview & instructional PDF for more information on nominating someone for the NISOD Excellence Award.
Viewing this document requires Adobe Reader.
League Excellence Award
(Formerly the John & Suanne Roueche Excellence Award)
Recognizing OSUIT Excellence in Achievement
This prestigious award recognizes the excellent efforts that OSUIT faculty, staff and administrators put forth for the institution each year. OSUIT employees provide an invaluable service to the University and its community. This award will recognize those contributions. Any employee may nominate a member of the staff, faculty, or administration who has exhibited excellence in a specific achievement or contribution to the institution during the past year. From the nominations, up to three recipients will be selected by the committee and receive national recognition with the distinguished League Excellence Award provided by the League for Innovations. There will be no more than one recipient chosen in each of three employee categories.
- Faculty - Employees who have teaching responsibilities as part of their normal job duties.
- Staff - Exempt and non-exempt employees.
- Administration - Employees at the Asst. Dean/Director level and above.
Any employee may nominate a member of the staff, faculty, or administration who has exhibited excellence in a specific achievement or contribution to the institution during the past year. Nominations are sought in July and August each year.