OSU Institute of Technology is the first Oklahoma college to guarantee the performance of its graduates.
OSU Institute of Technology certifies that graduates have achieved graduate competencies identified by the appropriate academic department and its program advisory committee. If the graduate is judged to be lacking in job performance skills identified as exit competencies for the program of study, OSU Institute of Technology will provide up to nine tuition-free credit hours or equivalent of additional education. Special conditions that apply to the Guarantee are as follows:
- The graduate must have earned the AAS degree from OSU Institute of Technology beginning April 1993 or thereafter in a technical program identified in the current college catalog.
- The graduate must have completed the AAS degree at OSU Institute of Technology with a majority of the credits being earned at OSU Institute of Technology and must have completed the degree within a four-year time span.
- Graduates must be employed full-time in an area directly related to the program of concentration as certified by the Office of Academic Affairs.
- Employment must commence within 12 months of graduation.
- The employer must identify deficiencies and certify in writing, within 90 days of the graduate’s initial employment, that the employee is lacking specific entry-level skills guaranteed by OSU Institute of Technology as a part of the degree program.
- The employer, graduate, department head, chief academic officer and the appropriate faculty will develop a written educational plan for the needed education.
- Education will be limited to nine credit hours related to the identified skill deficiency and to those classes regularly scheduled during the period covered by the education plan.
- All education must be completed within three semesters from the time the educational plan is agreed upon.
- The graduate and/or employer is responsible for the cost of books, insurance, uniforms, fees, room and board, tools and other course-related expenses.
- The Guarantee certifies only that the graduate has achieved competencies identified as appropriate by the academic department and its program advisory committee.
The Guarantee process can be initiated by written notification from the employer to the President.
OSU Institute of Technology
1801 East 4th Street
Okmulgee, OK 74447-3901
For more information, call 918-293-5256.