Please save forms before completing, for all functions to work properly.
Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology has established policy and procedures for the inventory and disposal of property. The purpose of the policy is to provide each office with consistency across campus.
New Inventory Items
Inventory of newly acquired items purchased through OK Corral and valued at $5,000 or above will be captured and placed on inventory by OSU- Stillwater. Asset tags are issued by Stillwater and will be sent to the department to be affixed to the asset when received.
Disposal of Inventory Items
The following guidelines have been established to ensure efficiency in disposal of inventory. All disposal requests are to follow the subsequent guidelines:
- Prepare Inventory Disposal form, which includes the specific item(s) to be disposed of, serial number(s), asset tag number if applicable, original value, current value and the current location. For items that have a lot of description information, use the double line form. Items to be scrapped (including electronic tablets) must be on a separate Scrap Only form.
- If disposing of a data storage device, i.e. diskettes, CDs, thumb drives, CPUs, servers, printers; prepare a Decommissioning form to have those items decommissioned by Technology Services and submit with the disposal form. Technology Services will complete the "hard drive status". Technology Services signatures are the only ones needed on this form.
- Once the asset disposal form has been completed, have the department head or Dean sign.
- The department approved Asset Disposal form is then submitted to the Purchasing Coordinator in the Office of Purchasing for final approval and scheduling of item pick-up.
- No items shall be moved to auction storage prior to receiving final approval of the asset disposal form.
Transferring of Inventory
To transfer an asset from one custodial number to another, please complete the Asset Transfer form with asset tag number if applicable, item(s) description, serial number(s), item location(s) and releasing and receiving custodial signatures. The completed form should be sent to the Purchasing Coordinator in Purchasing for final approval and scheduling of item transfer.