A student can complete any of the Information Technologies degrees fully online (excluding remedial coursework). OSUIT follows the NC-SARA guidelines for offering online courses in states outside of Oklahoma. The majority of states are part of the NC-SARA agreement.
We have several mechanisms for students to receive free software courtesy of the University:
For Project, Visual Studio, Microsoft Office, Access, Sql Server, Windows, Windows Server use your university email/password to access.
If you are in need of other software, follow these steps:
You must email firstname.lastname@example.org from your orange email account with the following information:
- Subject Line: Request for Microsoft Imagine account
- Your Okstate email address (Example: email@example.com)
- Your shortname (Your Username in the online classroom)
- You class schedule
- What software you are needing
I will setup your account and send you a response with link and information.
If you have an account, just login into the WebStore.
If you have downloaded and installed Office 2016 from the Free Software site (Stillwater), you MUST follow the instructions below or the Microsoft Imagine application software WILL NOT install:
- Uninstall the Office 2016 you received from the free software site
- Visit the Microsoft website
- Use your OSU Orange mail account
- Download and install the free Office 365 for students
- You can also get the download through the Office 365 Cloud instructions below.
After you have done this, the installer used for 365 is the same one used for the Microsoft Imagine application software and the software should install correctly. This is a known issue and Microsoft is aware that you cannot have two different installers on the same machine. The software on Microsoft Imagine, with the exception of the operating systems, use this installer.
You can also use the Office 365 Cloud version by:
- Going to my.okstate.edu and logging in
- Selecting the Office 365 Cowboy Mail icon (second row last on the right under applications)
- This will take you to the Office 365 Cloud version, but you will not have the email option.
- You will have the opportunity there to download and install Office 2016 (top right corner)
Microsoft Imagine Administrator
All students earning the BT in IT degree will complete an internship in the IT field.
Students with prior work experience may qualify to earn advanced standing credit for the prerequisite course ITD 3201 Employment Orientation and/or for ITD 4806 Internship (6 credit hours).