We are excited to announce that OSUIT will conduct a virtual career fair this spring.
While a virtual career platform may be new to some of you, please know that it will provide you with the same quality time needed to speak with students to introduce your business and discuss any employment opportunities as you would have at an in-person event.
Handshake will serve as our platform. A simple search can provide you with a list of best practices related to your set up and how to make the most of your participation. OSUIT is pleased to have this partnership to provide employers and students a space to communicate safely during the current public health concerns surrounding COVID-19.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Angela Byars at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of our OSUIT students and graduates. Go Pokes!
Held each semester, the OSUIT Career Fair is for students in Truck Technician, Engineering & Construction Technologies and Creative & Information
Technologies programs seeking a full-time job, internship, co-op or
part-time experience in their respective field. A job fair is an opportunity for you to present yourself professionally to a potential employer while showcasing your communication skills.
The keys to a successful job fair experience are preparation and follow-up!
Below is a checklist to help you get prepared:
- Create your Handshake account (make sure Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology displays)
- Confirm your profile is correct, add your resume and other information that might be applicable.
- Research the list of participating employers through Handshake (have questions ready).
- Review and attach your most recent resume.
- Don't forget to ask for email addresses so you can follow up with questions or thank you notes.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Be the one they call!