The 2019-2020 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available now for students wishing to attend OSU Institute of Technology for the next academic school year starting Fall 2019. Just go to www.fafsa.ed.gov.
New! Students and parents can complete the 2019–2020 FAFSA form using the myStudentAid app. Students and parents may download the myStudentAid app in the Apple App Store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
Students/parents have one of three options available to them when filing:
- Using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool to pull in their COMPLETED 2017 taxes;
- Using the student’s/parents’ tax information from two years prior to complete their FAFSA financial information section; or
- Using the “will not file” option under the financial information section of the FAFSA.
While the primary responsibility of paying for a college education lies with the student and his or her family, we are available to assist you with accessing all financial assistance possible to offset the costs of a college education. All students attending OSUIT are required to maintain satisfactory academic progress in order to remain eligible for financial assistance. Students are required to be familiar with the Financial Aid Standards of Academic Progress.
The key to accessing the greatest amount of available federal, state, and institutional grants and loans is to apply early:
- Obtain an FSAID to electronically sign your FAFSA at fsaid.ed.gov. If you are a dependent student, a parent will need an FSAID as well.
- To get started, you will need to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). This is an online process at www.fafsa.ed.gov or using the myStudentAid app (iOS/Android). Our school code is 003172. Complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA if you are attending Fall 2019, Spring 2020 or Summer 2020. Complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA if you are attending Fall 2018, Spring 2019 or Summer 2019.
- Once our office receives your information, we will notify you if additional information is needed and/or send your award letter via your institutional email.
How to File
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available on October 1 for the upcoming academic year, starting with the fall term.
To begin the financial aid process you will first need to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can complete the FAFSA electronically at www.fafsa.ed.gov or using the myStudentAid app (iOS/Android). You will need your previous year's tax information. Use the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to obtain tax return information, if you are eligible. The retrieval tool allows FAFSA applicants and parents the ability to transfer their income information from the IRS to the FAFSA.
As of May 10, 2015, FSAID was implemented, requiring the use of a user ID and password to log in and complete a FAFSA. The FAFSA website will automatically redirect you and provide additional information to assist you in setting up your new FSAID!
- FSAID Website | FSAID Instructional Flier | OSUIT School Code: 003172
- Direct Loan: Accepting Your Direct Loans - Entrance Counseling, Master Promissory Note, and WhichWay for Direct Loans
- Studentloans.gov - Website for Entrance/Exit Counseling and Master Promissory Note
- WhichWay - Website and/or mobile app for financial literacy courses
- Parent PLUS Loan Application - Loans Available for Parents. Online application required. A Master Promissory Note will need to be completed once application is approved. Parents will need to create FSAID .
It’s that simple! Many questions about financial aid and the admissions process can be answered by reviewing our Frequently Asked Questions page.
FAFSA Tutorial Videos