1. Apply for Veteran Education Benefits or request a change of place or training.
VA Regional Office
PO Box 8888
Muskogee, OK 74402
Chapter 30 (Montgomery GI Bill®-Active Duty), Chapter 33 (Post-9/11 GI Bill®), Chapter 1606 (Montgomery GI Bill®-Select Reserve):
- VA Form 22-5490 New Students
- VA Form 22-5495 Transferring Students
Chapter 35 (Dependent Education Assistance):
- VA Form 22-1990 New Students
- VA Form 22-1995 Transferring Students
Also send a copy of your DD214 and/or NOBE (if applicable) and kicker contract (if applicable).
2. Apply for admission to Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology.
3. Fill out and turn in the paperwork to begin your VA file on campus.
All forms required can be found on our forms page or by visiting with the Office of Veteran Services.
- Certificate of Eligibility
- Authorization for Release of Confidential Information
- Veteran Services Intake Worksheet
4. Request Military Transcript from Branch of Service and turn into Veteran Services.
*All Veteran’s receiving benefits must have military training evaluated. Transcripts can be requested at:
- ARMY, Navy/Marine, Coast Guard https://jst.doded.mil/official.html
- Air Force: www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf/transcripts.asp
5. Meet with an advisor from the department in which you will be seeking a degree to enroll in classes. Complete the Veteran Advisory Form (VAF) with necessary signatures required.
Remember the VA will only allow courses necessary for completing your degree to be funded by your education benefits.
You are responsible for making sure your VAF makes it to the Office of Military and Veteran Services. Your advisor can send your advisory form through campus mail, email, or you can choose to deliver it to the Veterans Service office yourself.
6. Check your email for confirmation.
When our office, Veterans Student Services, receives your VAF, we will date stamp it and add it to your VA file. Once certified, you will receive a confirmation email with your cert ID number and the number of hours certified along with other helpful reminders.
Chapter 30, Chapter 1606, and Chapter 1607 MUST verify monthly attendance at W.A.V.E or call 1-877-823-2378
7. Report any change in schedule to the Office of Military and Veteran Services.
Any added courses require a new advisory form with the same approval signature(s) listed in Step 4.
Repeat steps 5 - 6 every semester you intend to use your education benefits.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at http://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.