A tradition for more than 20 years, Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology’s annual CarniFall is a safe and fun event for families with children in the community.
The Office of Student Life at OSUIT hosts the free event that has a harvest carnival feel complete with games, inflatables, food and entertainment.
CarniFall is Thursday, Oct. 24 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Covelle Hall Lawn on the OSUIT campus, 1801 E. Fourth St., in Okmulgee.
Sixteen of the campus’ student clubs also get involved by providing a variety of games and food items at a minimal cost to families.
“OSU Institute of Technology Student Life and student clubs put on this event each year as a fundraiser, but also to allow children in the community to celebrate in a safer environment than traditional door-to-door trick or treating,”said Bruce Force, Student Life Director.
For some, CarniFall has become a family tradition, and participation from the community, as well as from the campus, seems to grow each year, Force said.
As many as 1,200 to 1,800 people come out to CarniFall each year, depending on weather, he said, and if it does rain, the event is moved inside Covelle Hall.
“ We connect with the community and they get to come to our campus,” Force said. “It’s a lot of fun. It’s a lot of work, but it’s a lot of fun.”
Free activities include Bungee Basketball, Dino Island, My Little Farm and a 22-foot Super Slide as well as candy and other giveaways.
The student clubs will offer:
- Bowling Game sponsored by the American Society of Civil Engineering
- Putt Putt Golf & Bean Bag Toss sponsored by the Air Conditioning Refrigeration Club
- Prize Fishing, Balloon Art & Balloon Carry sponsored by the Association of Information Technology Professionals
- Face Painting & Photo Booth sponsored by Future Art Directors
- Kid Prize Wheel & Duck Game sponsored by the Future Chefs Association
- Guess the Number of Watch Parts & Pin the Hands on the Watch sponsored by the Horology Club
- Hot Dogs, Barbeque Sandwiches, Popcorn & Drinks sponsored by Instrumentation Systems and Automation Society
- Hot Chocolate, Cupcakes, Cookies, Chocolate Spoons & Chocolate Covered Pretzels sponsored by IT Peer Mentoring Club
- Soccer Kick & Hopscotch sponsored by the Multicultural International Student Association
- Nachos & Caramel Apples sponsored by Native American Student Association
- X-Box 360 Games, Guess How Many Candies in the Jar & a Raffle sponsored by Network Gaming Executives
- Ring Toss, Ping Pong Ball Toss, Balloon Carry & Cotton Candy sponsored by Orthotics and Prosthetics Club
- Pie in the Face, Football Toss, Ladder Golf, & Basketball Shoot sponsored by Phi Theta Kappa
- Health Education Activities & a Health Station sponsored by the Student Nurses Association
- Musical Chairs sponsored by the Student Government Association
- Plinko Game & Balloon Animals sponsored by the Student Veterans Association