OSU Institute of Technology is once again providing fall fun for children and families during the annual Carnifall event Thursday evening.
The Office of Student Life hosts the event, which is a harvest carnival with games, food, entertainment and inflatables. While Carnifall is free to attend, there are some activities sponsored by the campus’ student clubs that do have a cost.
Carnifall is Thursday Oct. 26 from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m., on the lawn on the east side of Covelle Hall on the OSUIT campus, 1801 E. 4th St., in Okmulgee.
The event is open to the public as well as children of students and staff.
Bruce Force, director of Student Life, said Carnifall is an activity student clubs provide to the children in the campus community and the Okmulgee community.
“OSUIT Student Life and student clubs put on this event each year as a fundraiser, but also to allow children in the community to celebrate in a safer environment than traditional door-to-door trick or treating,” Force said.
A tradition for almost 25 years, Carnifall is something many in the Okmulgee and campus community look forward to each year. As many as 1,500 people come out for the event each year, depending on the weather, and if it does rain, the festival will move indoors to Covelle Hall.
“This gives us a chance to connect with the community and gives families a chance to visit our campus,” he said. “My favorite part of Carnifall is seeing the smiles on the children’s faces as they play the games and enjoy the activities in a safe environment.”
Free activities include:
• Inflatable obstacle course
• Inflatable soccer darts
• 18-foot slide
Student club fundraising activities include:
• Refrigerant tank bowling- sponsored by Air Conditioning Refrigeration Club
• Mask painting- sponsored by American Society of Civil Engineering
• Popcorn- sponsored by Association of Information Technology Professionals
• Ladder golf game- sponsored by Collegiate Navigators
• Jail cell and construction skee-ball sponsored by Construction Management Professionals
• Pumpkin toss and super tweezer candy grab- sponsored by Horology Club
• Turkey legs, funnel cakes, slushies, coffee, operations game and air cannon- sponsored by International Society of Automation
• Bottled water, Little Debbie snacks, world map dart game- sponsored by Multicultural International Student Association
• Pumpkin bowling, guess the candies in the jar- sponsored by Network Gaming Executives
• Ring toss, ball toss, snacks, cotton candy, soda and water- sponsored by Orthotics & Prosthetics
• Basketball game, guessing booth- sponsored by Phi Theta Kappa
• PLINKO- sponsored by Riders of Christ’s Kingdom
• Fishing for candy- sponsored by Residence Hall Association
• Pie toss contest- sponsored by Student Government Association
• Haunted Maze- sponsored by Student Nurse Association
• Photo booth and popcorn- sponsored by Visual Communications Collective