In preparation for the March 9-10, 2020, HLC Peer Review Team on-site visit, we have compiled several questions that a Peer Review Team Member may ask. Some of these are related to processes, policies, or other documentation. Although not all questions will apply to all employees, please spend some time reviewing these questions and considering your answers.
Possible Questions the Peer Review Team May Ask:
- What do you know about regional accreditation?
- Why is accreditation important?
- What do you know about the Higher Learning Commission?
- Have you seen or read the OSUIT Assurance Argument?
- How would you define/describe the OSUIT mission, goals and values?
- Where on your campus will you find the official mission statement?
- How do you as an individual employee contribute to the mission?
- How does your department/unit contribute to the mission?
- What are OSUIT’s current Strategic Plan priorities?
- What are OSUIT’s greatest strengths? Challenges?
- What makes OSUIT unique in Oklahoma and among higher education institutions in general?
- How would you describe the campus climate for diversity?
- What is it like to work for OSUIT? How is morale on campus?
- What are the biggest challenges facing this institution, in your opinion? What about challenges specific to your department or unit?
- Do you think academics are the top priority at OSUIT? Why or why not?
- What is assessment? Who is in charge of assessment? What are the Core Outcomes of Assessment of Student Learning?
- How do you use data/information to make improvements or changes? Do you re-evaluate data/information after the improvements or changes are implemented?
- Were you involved in OSUIT’s Gateway Course Redesign Quality Initiative Project? If so, can you describe the development, implementation and impact of this project?
- What are OSUIT’s current Strategic Plan priorities? Core Outcomes?
- To what degree do faculty/staff participate in strategic planning?
- How would you describe the campus climate for diversity and inclusion?
- To what degree do you believe resources are allocated ethically and responsibly? Please explain.
- To what degree are you involved in planning, resource allocation, and decision-making? To what degree do you engage stakeholders?
- In what ways do you and/or your department/unit utilize data to inform decision-making?
- What role do you play in assessing departmental, school and/or university outcomes?
- Describe processes and/or policies in place that promote freedom of expression and ensure ethical behavior.
- What practices or processes are in place to support students’ academic success?
It is our goal to have provided the campus with enough information to be able to respond to these, and other questions about our campus, confidently. Should you get stuck, have other questions, or have anything you believe would be useful for the reaffirmation efforts, please email OSUIT’s Accreditation Liaison Officer (ALO), Jody Grammer, at email@example.com.