The Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs exists to help you find external funding opportunities to support academic programs, student services, administrative operations, and special projects.
Services of the Grants and Sponsored Programs Office
Staff within the Office coordinate OSUIT's efforts to secure external funding from both public and private sector grantors. In order to assist the faculty and staff of OSUIT, the Grants and Sponsored Programs Office:
- Provides current information on sources of grant funding (federal, state, local, private)
- Provides and obtains current guidelines for application process
- Assists with development of ideas for projects and budge preparation to ensure all OSU policies are followed
- Acts as liaison with funding agency personnel (obtains sample funded proposals, clarifies questions regarding selection criteria, etc.)
- Edits or critiques proposals and concept papers written by others, OR drafts, revises, and prepares formal proposals
- Reviews all institutional proposals submitted to funding agencies by OSUIT faculty and staff
- Obtains signature of the President as certifying official of the University
- Maintains file copies of all pending, funded, and unfunded proposals submitted by OSUIT
- Negotiates awards, if appropriate
The Grant Policy and Procedures document gives information in regards to the Grants and Sponsored programs responsibilities, grant timelines, budget development, costs, contracts/awards and grant press releases.
The goal of the Intent to Submit Form (ITS) is to inform all appropriate individuals of your interest and commitment to submit a grant proposal to an external agency.
It is important to note that staff members with the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs are not experts in all content areas. Rather, the Office provides technical expertise and assistance in the research, development, submission and management of grants.