For student or employee information, resources and updates on the Coronavirus COVID-19 impact at OSUIT, please visit our dedicated page for updates.
Oklahoma State University health officials are closely monitoring an outbreak of a new Coronavirus that causes pneumonia. The Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) is believed to have originated in a large seafood and animal market in Wuhan, China, in December 2019.
In an abundance of caution, we encourage all members of the campus community to follow basic steps to prevent the spread of illness:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Seek medical assistance as soon as you can if you become symptomatic during or after traveling
If you are returning from international travel, please contact your Health Care Provider for a brief phone screening. If you need medical assistance, please contact your Health Care Provider.
- The Centers for Disease Control has created a website to provide current information about the 2019 Coronavirus.
- Johns Hopkins University has created a map to monitor the spread of the virus:
Do you have specific medical questions about your health and the Coronavirus? Contact your Health Care Provider.
Information provided by Oklahoma State Department of Health.