Residential Life hopes that you find the answer to your questions in the below topics. However, if you still have difficulties finding answers to your questions please call 918-293-4939 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional help.
To find the steps to apply for on campus housing click the button below.
You may also find the below video useful in how to turn in a housing contract.
- A $150.00 deposit is required for all new single students
- A $500.00 deposit is required for all students in family housing
You will see in the video here how a housing deposit may be paid online.
If you are not able to pay the deposit online you may mail in a check or money order to the Bursar Office made out to OSUIT Housing - Deposit and include student CWID somewhere on the check.
All students taking 12 or more hours are required to live in the dorms unless one of the following apply to you:
- Where you graduated high school is less than 50 drivable miles from the OSU Institute of Technology campus, or
- You are 21 or older at the time of application to the University, or
- You are married, or
- You have a child, or
- You have already lived on the OSU Institute of Technology campus two semesters, or
- You are enrolled in 12 or more hours of on-line classes.
- No hook-up fees for utilities
- No monthly utility bills
- Free Internet access
- Free local phone service
- Free cable service
- All repairs are made by Housing Maintenance
- Closer to classes, activities, and fun
- Studies show students who live on campus tend to have a higher GPA!
Married students who choose to live on campus must:
- Provide copy of marriage certificate and/or birth certificate of the child or children.
- Have no more than 2 children
- Children must be under 12 years of age
Single students who wish to be considered for Non-Traditional housing must:
- Be at least 25 years of age or older
- Receive and pass a background check
- May be required to interview with the Director of Residential Life
All rooms are furnished except the GOPO building. Furniture within the room cannot be removed or traded. Regrettable there is no storage space available for students’ belongings that do not fit in the apartment.
GOPO building only comes furnished with a stove and fridge in the kitchen, and a twin bed in each bedroom.
- Desk Lamp
- Stationery, Stamps, Envelopes
- Towels/Washcloths (wrap-around towel)
- Shower Shoes
- Hangers for Clothes
- Plastic Bowl, Dish, Mug, Silverware
- Coffee Maker
- Small refrigerator (1 amp and less than 6.0 cu ft)
- Microwave (700W maximum) (18”x15”x12”) (NO other cooking appliances allowed)
- First Aid Kit
- Sheets and Pillowcases (all beds are extra-long twins)
- Mattress Pad
- Laundry Bag/Basket
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Extension Cord
- Tape Measure
- Sewing Kit
- Waste Paper Basket
- Flashlight & Batteries
- Toilet Paper
- Throw Rugs or Small Area Rugs
- Simple Tools
- Cleaning Supplies, Mop, Broom,& Dust Pan
- Shower Curtain
Alcohol, Drugs, Firearms, Fireworks, Candles, Flammable Liquids, Halogen Lamps, Black Lights, Tacks, Nails, Hot Plate, Grill, Crock Pot, Incense, or Pets. You are encouraged to read the Resident Handbook or call 918-293-4928 for any questions.
The resident handbook explains the services and accommodations provided by the Office of Residential Life as well as the Student Conduct Resident Rights and Responsibilities.
Viewing this document requires Adobe Reader.
The University does not insure students or their personal property. All students are therefore encouraged to carry their own life, health, personal property, and/or renter's insurance.
The following are two separate companies that do specializes in insurance for college students. Please note that OSUIT does not oversee or recommend one service over the other but merely provide some options that are available.
We currently have a wireless network in the Residence Halls that has been installed by Technology Services. Also, each resident has a Ethernet port in their room that can be used simply by plugging their device into the wall port. For more information please visit Dorm Wireless.