Critical Thinking Race!
The Assessment Committee has once again partnered with Student Life for our sixth annual Critical Thinking Race. The focus this year is Critical Thinking.
Definition: (Core Outcome 2 – Critical Thinking) Demonstrate logical, systematic critical thinking.
What does that mean? Your race stop simply needs to make a connection to critical thinking. Your group may interpret what that means for your program, school, organization, or career field.
- Date: Thursday, March 31st, 2022
- Time: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm
A Passport will be used to record participation and completion of each race station.
Critical Thinking Project Regulations for Campus Clubs/Organizations and Schools/Departments:
- Activity must be related to critical thinking.
- Activity must be able to be completed in 15 minutes.
- Multiple student groups must be able to complete the activity simultaneously.
- Multiple representatives must be present at any given time with one representative to ‘stamp’ passports.
- The Campus Club/Organization or Schools/Department must be prepared to adapt the activity if necessary.
Deadline for Project Idea and Plan: March 1st
- Three members are required.
- Unlimited number of teams.
- Two members of any team must participate in each station.
- All stations must be completed.
- ‘Winners’ will receive prizes.
- Prizes will be given for ‘winners’ of race.
- A trophy will be awarded for top club/organization.
- Points will be awarded for club/organization participation.
- Points will be awarded for club/organization team participation.
Deadline for Team Registration: March 15th
Contact & Registration
Teams interested in participating should register by Friday, October 28, by contacting Dr. Melissa Dreyer.